Hello All,
I have been singing and knitting for a long time - the singing came first. I sang my way as a child and then as a high schooler. I went to college, I married and sang and then I learned to knit, and I kept singing. I had 3 babies - 2 boys and a girl. I sang lullabys, operas, recitals and knitted while they napped. I went to graduate school, sang more operas, recitals, gigs and kept knitting, but a bit less. I did some college teaching (voice of course) and knitted less and less. I sang more and more to help with college expenses for the 3 babies who were by now big boys and girls. Somewhere during their high school years the knitting needles fell into a bag and then into a closet along with a half finished sweater for my oldest son where it all languished for several years; definitely through the kids high school and college years, and even the first grandchildren ( we now have 7 grands). And don't gasp and ask why I wasn't making baby blankets! I was too busy to sit down. Then much to my surprise, 3 years ago I discovered the bag of yarn, the half finished sweater and all the knitting needles behind my long recital dresses in the back of the closet. You guessed it! I got that URGE and here I am, singing a little less and knitting a lot more.
A full time job keeps me busy along with a few private voice students - but the knitting is back up to speed and I am making Christmas gifts, hats, shawls, scarves, matching baby sweaters for the girls and always the sweaters, ponchos - And no, I don't do socks.
Hubby and I try to do a cruise or something special to mark the years - but more often we find special moments in the simple things like sitting on the porch swing together, a glass of wine and a good book - does it get any better than that?
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment